3.12.2010

Day 365

(Counting is obviously not my strong suit. It's not Day 361. It's Day 365!)

Today is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of getting laid off. I can officially say March 12, 2009 was the best day of my life. I've never liked my birthday. Not really into New Years. But I look forward to celebrating this day as long as I live. I hereby solemnly swear to go to a place I've never been before every March 12.

It changed everything. It changed me. I have more to say but I leave for MIAMI in a couple hours (I've never been) and you wouldn't know it by my empty carry-on.


What a day.

What a year.


8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Please do not say this is the end of your blog because I would be so sad. This is the highlight of my morning routine. I can't wait to read this all in a book WHEN.YOU.PUBLISH.IT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Melissa!!! On all accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always going somewhere and I find that awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a sad day for me...sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm delurking to say, "Oh no! please tell me this isn't actually the END-end. that would make me so very sad..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. you people (even the one i don't know!) make me smile. time for a new blog! i'll let you know when i figure out what it will be! (which is probably more of the same, with a new name :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually wondered if we know each other somehow? I started reading one day when a friend from high school posted a link and said that she'd rather be reading your musings than working... we went to Berkley HS, if that means anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. how funny! hmmm...berkely hs in michigan?? don't think i knew anyone there...who is your friend? you can email me at sundevilmi@hotmail.com (i would tell you my last name here but i don't want this site coming up in a search with my name because it would be bad if my company ever saw this...know what i mean!)

    ReplyDelete