3.03.2010

Day 352

The aftershocks from the earthquake in Chile have been felt as far away as my apartment. That's the only possible explanation for the displacement of clothes from my closet. I've begun recovery efforts but it's going to take a while until things are back to normal.

Taking this opportunity to get rid of some excess baggage. If I haven't worn it in a year, it's out the door. When I got here a year and a half ago, I carefully selected every piece of furniture and accent because I saw them as an investment. I was ready to make a home and I felt a bit of attachment to my new things. Now I'm ready to sell it all and keep moving. Things are replaceable. Experiences are not. And the more stuff I have, the more I feel like I have an anchor attached to me. So I hereby pledge to stop getting new stuff, and start purging more often. And when the opportunity to go go comes knocking, I'll already be halfway out the door.


1 comment: