2.25.2010

Day 347

I'm drunk off amarone. Full off cold pizza. And my stomach hurts from hiccuping. But I have important news to report: A new job prospect and a new business idea.

Owner of the bartending school called this afternoon saying he loved the video I made for the Groupon contest and wants me to write/make videos for the bartending school and his other company. HELLO MORE FREELANCE. Guess that application wasn't a colossal waste of time after all.

And now, your feature presentation.

Yesterday I got an email from my Italian friend, Pietro. "Steph, my friends are coming to America for 18 days this summer and want to plan a west coast road trip like ours. What should they do? Where should they rent a car?" I spent a good couple hours researching possible routes, reading articles, and going through our old documents to advise.

Then last night, I'm sitting at dinner with Valentina, on the phone with a hotel because she booked the wrong date but asked me to call to fix it since she still has a bit of trouble with her English. After that I was on the phone with some company in Miami booking her "swimming with the dolphins" experience. I get off the phone and she's just staring at me, smiling.

"Steph. But why you don't open a company to help people when they come to America. You must! "

Talk about dream job. Meet foreigners, tell them to do what I like to do, help them not get completely overwhelmed, and most importantly: MEET FOREIGNERS!


How do I make this happen. Now. How do I become a professional video maker / foreigner meeter?

Must start by talking to this company. Maybe they will give me advice. Maybe the will just steal the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment