2.16.2010

Day 338

It's REALLY hard not to be super jealous of these guys right now. Making a living by living out their wildest dreams while encouraging and helping others do the same. Shoot that's what I wanna do! Who doesn't.

A year ago I made a "bucket list" because I didn't want to wait until I was old and crusty to do all of the things I wanted to do. I wanted to do them now. I was still at my old job and every day I'd sit there, bitter because I felt like I was wasting my best years in a cubicle instead of embarking on adventures with people I know and people I don't know. I didn't want to grow old without some good stories under my belt so I made a list and tried to make everyone I know make them too so we cross things off together. I have a long way to go but I'm inspired all over again.

Here's to 4 dudes to had an incredible idea and executed it brilliantly. Here's to crossing out everything on my list and everything off my friends lists and then making a whole new list. Here's to finishing something you start. They did.


My list as of Feb '10:

run a 5k

book a trip abroad and leave on the same day

catch fireflies

write/photograph a coffee table book

go to the sundance film festival

go skinny dipping

take drum lessons

take my mom to venice

publish an article in a magazine

teach nicole how to swim

work on a vineyard

plant a garden

get a tiny tattoo on my wrist

put a prayer in the prayer wall in Jerusalem

float in the dead sea

climb mount masada

bartend (preferably in a hotel bar!)

decorate my sister's classroom

tomato fight in spain

take a dip in a hot spring

go to carnival in brazil

give a college commencement speech

ride in a canoe under a bridge

go on a photo adventure in CUBA

attend an opera in italy

catch a fish

drive a vespa

live in another country for 1 year

take cooking classes all over the world

see an aurora

hitchike

honk a horn in a semi, preferably the one i hitchike in

go white water rafting

sing in a choir at a black church

throw a block party

attend a european soccer match

ride in a helicopter

drive a helicopter

see wynton marsalis in concert

take a homeless person out to dinner

eat an oyster

wear a bikini to the beach

wear a big floppy hat to the kentucky derby and bet on a horse and drink a mint julep

learn to write my name and a note to my grandma in arabic

go on a road trip in Ireland

take a latin dance class and participate in a performance

kiss someone under the mistle toe

see a live taping of SNL

experience zero gravity

become a bone marrow donor

edit a music video (a real one)

learn how to play an entire song on the piano

take a bellydancing class

go sailing

see the nutcracker on broadway

sleep under the stars

ride a bike with a bastket in the French countryside

kiss a hot stranger in the rain

learn how to tie a man’s tie

sell a painting

cut down and decorate a real Christmas tree

ride on an elephant, a camel and a donkey (not in the same day)

smoke pot

go horseback riding on a beach

send a message in a bottle

celebrate chinese new year in china

stay at the plaza hotel in nyc

sky dive

teach in the inner city

throw a Great Gatsby party for my friends

jump off a cliff with a waterfall

take a nude drawing class

cook a thanksgiving turkey

drive the pacific coast hwy in a convertible, stop for wine in napa

attend jazzfest in new orleans

open a “third place”

finish my screenplay

become a grandma

when I have a family, make up our own set of holidays and celebrate them religiously

elope

do one of these on 11.11.11



7 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about Sundance lately. Lets go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the kentucky derby. lets do that next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought it would be cool to get a tattoo together (I just never shared that with you), and sky diving...I think we should do that next August-just think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you've crossed off skinny dipping, you can cross off "wear a bikini to the beach" ;-)

    PS - I love your labels on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahhaha, but it was REALLY dark out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think you and i should plan a nice trip to europe, starting with Amsterdam where we will smoke pot, then get a tiny tatto on the wrist that same night(that i have been wanting for ages...a anchor to be specific) then we'll take a drive to italy , listen to a nice opera either in the Verona stadium, which i actually have done,it's an open air roman ruins stadium, where you sit under the stars (aaahhhhh) or at La Scala di Milano where we have to wear ballgowns to go...:)

    then we'll drive down the south where we can go work on my uncle's friend's vineyard who produces asti spumanti and get drunk on it at night :)

    then we can g to the sea and rent a sailboat, which i know how to sail and sail the mediterranean sea...to think of it i've done many things on that list but since it's yours i'd do them all over again :)

    ReplyDelete