1.27.2010

Day 318

As I walked out my door today, I noticed the little market across the street was closed. As I walked closer I could see the shelves were bare and there was a sign in the window. My heart sunk. This little market always came to my rescue when I needed eggs or maple syrup, an olive loaf or a coke. More importantly it was a good, great place and one of the very reasons I wanted to live on this street to begin with. I loved that it was the first thing I saw when I left in the morning. I didn't mind waiting a couple extra minutes to pay for my milk because the cashier was chatting with a regular, instead it made me feel warm inside. And jealous that they didn't know my name yet.

(that's my apartment in the reflection of the goodbye note)

What are the chances this wonderful, intimate little space is NOT going to turn into a bank kiosk?

I wish I could buy it and turn it into something cool. And hang out there all day instead of an over-airconditioned, over-caffinated, understimulated office. 

Think Steph, think!


3 comments:

  1. They left an awesome note though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sad...Raffi has a song about the corner grocery store... :)

    we could transform it into a design office, you, me and the 2 grandpas :)

    ReplyDelete