1.18.2010

Day 306

Wedding rehersaling. I still think it's amazing how the love between two people can bring so many other people together. I mean that in the least cheesy and cliche way possible. There's something so cool about  sharing an intimate moment with people you would have never crossed paths with had it not been for the two people getting married. I realized this for the first time at my brother's engagement party and again at my sister's wedding. I remember stepping outside everything for a moment, watching people dance and laugh and embrace people they'd never met before. I remember how drastically my first impression of some had changed by the end of the night, after sharing a meal and a drink and a dance floor. I remember watching my sister's American in-laws pinky to pinky with our family as the DJ played arabi music, thinking that the moment added something to their lives, even taught them something...and witnessing it added something to mine.

For this reason alone, I shouldn't be so hard on weddings and marriage, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment