12.19.2009

Day 280

Just noticed a post on facebook from a guy I went to elementary school with and it read: just increased the house payment for next year; 19 more years and she's all mine.

I made a face when I read that then realized I was making a face THEN realized I have a little too much in common with G. Clooney in Up in the Air. (Sans the not loving people part. I love me some people…most of the time.)

It’s not that I think buying a house is wrong, it’s what you’re “supposed to do”. I like the idea of making memories in a place and having neighbors and a garden and a tree that you watch grow bigger every year. But shoot, when I saw that facebook update, I can’t help thinking it sounds like jail! I can’t imagine staying in one place for 20 years. It’s one thing to end up someplace for 20 years but k n o w i n g exactly what you're going to be doing for the next 20 years scares the bejesus out of me. Does this mean I’m not a grown up? I am 27 and have absolutely zero desire to commit to anything. I didn’t even like signing a 3-year lease for my car. I have trouble committing to plans for the weekend! A menu with too many options, forgettaboutit.

C’est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment